Top 7 Things That Made Ryno Stoked in '07
1) BAND OF HORSES: I read about them, heard about them, and then finally checked them out on I-tunes. I've been listening to these crazy sons of bitches ever since and I feel very strongly that they, along with Rustic Overtones (see no. 2), coffee, little sensimilla (sp?) helped get my thesis done in time.
2) The RUSTIC OVERTONES REUNION: Few things have made this excited and curious in my life. When I recieved their new album, Light at the End, in the mail, I tore through it like Patrick Swayze tears through Sunday afternoons on TNT.
3) RED SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES...AGAIN: Shit, really the only bummer about this was how tuckered out I was throughout their entire playoff run. But shit it was fun. I wish I could have been in Maine, but that's life. You can't pick when great things are going to happen, only how you'll respond to them. And I responded by yelling loudly, calling my Dad, and then falling fast alseep...leading me to believe that I might in fact, be getting old.
4) WORKING ON MY THESIS: It was the most fun I've ever had doing something for school. Period. It Will Be Amazing Eventually is the most complete body of work I've ever done and if you'd like to read...you being the mythological person actually reading this...my thesis, send me an email and I'll be glad to send you part of it. Don't even cost nothing.
5) PHILLIES' GAMES: I think I went to at least 25, but I could be wrong. It could very easily be more.
6) KEVIN GARNETT GOES TO THE CELTICS: You know, I still don't believe it. It's like seeing Randy Moss in a Patriots' uniform and what it could be like it the Red Sox actually get Johan Santana from the Twins. I still don't believe it. Up in Maine, walking past sports' stores, it feels like someone is playing a joke on all us weary Celtics' fans. And maybe someone is, but until that day comes, I'm fine being made an ass of.
7) SUPERBAD: I don't feel as if I need to explain this.
The Police reunion.
Flight of the Conchords